For Spring Break April 2015, we headed to Chattanooga, Tennessee, a 2-hour road-trip from the Atlanta area. What’s a road trip without a vehicle? We were graciously loaned an awesome Snow White Pearl 2015 Kia Sedona for review, thanks to DriveSti and Kia! As always, all opinions expressed here are my own.
On the first and last day of our week-long trip it rained.
Here are my top reasons why the Kia Sedona is the perfect vehicle for a road trip
(especially a rainy one!)
1. The 2015 Kia Sedona has a winning sleek and stylish design that everyone in the family will love. Named Best New Car Design at the 2014 New York Auto Show, the Kia Sedona moves away from the typical mini-van look to an updated “multi-purpose” vehicle that even the men in the family won’t mind driving.
2. It’s roomy – perfect for large families, but for small families too. My family of 3 really enjoyed it. It has a spacious cockpit, second-row First-Class Lounge Seating, and foldable third-row seats, that overall can seat seven. The front seats have expansive leg room. The 2nd-row seats recline, with extendable lower-leg rests, for ultimate comfort and relaxation. It’s like a Lazy-Boy in your car. The third-row seats can be folded for more cargo space, although the deep trunk has ample room.
3. Sliding Rear Doors makes it quick and easy for kids to get in and out with a push of a button. The doors are locked when in drive for safety, and also when the gas tank cap is open to prevent damage.
4. Dual Sunroofs gives a great view (even if it’s of the clouds and rain).
5. Leather seats – comfortable, cool, and easy to clean!
6. Multiple USB Ports makes it easy for everyone (even in the back rows!) to stay plugged in whether it’s for your smartphone, tablet, or portable chargers to have on the go.
7. Remote Keyless Entry System – no more wasting time fumbling or searching for keys. Every second counts when you’re in a thunderstorm!
8. Forward Collision Warning System, Blind-Spot Detection, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Surround View Monitor, and a slew of other safety features makes you feel – well, safe.
9. Smart Power Liftgate is especially great when taking road trips. With a push of a button (or a wave of my foot) I can open and close the trunk, even with my hands full with an umbrella or luggage.
10. Advanced Smart Cruise Control which maintains a safe distance between our vehicle and the one ahead of us. It’s more than your typical cruise control. The car was practically driving itself.
There is a ton of great features that make the KIA Sedona more than a minivan for soccer moms. It’s perfect for road trips, but also if you’re just driving around town. It’s got all the newest features to keep you on trend, stay safe and comfortable, and feel cool, even in a minivan – err – multipurpose vehicle (MPV).
Have you ever driven a KIA? If not, will you consider it now?