Earlier this month I had the pleasure of seeing Cirque du Soleil’s Kurios at the iconic Yellow and Blue Big Top Tent in Atlantic Station, right here in Atlanta Georgia with my 10-year-old daughter. We’ve been fortunate to see several Cirque du Soleil shows, and like the others, this did not disappoint at all.
KURIOS– Cabinet of Curiosities – is Cirque du Soleil’s 35th production since 1984. The show premiered here in Atlanta on March 3rd, and will play through May 8th, so there’s no excuse to miss it! As with most Cirque du Soleil’s shows, KURIOS is appropriate for all ages. Of all of the previous shows I’ve seen, I think this is the most family-friendly show thus far. Like most other Cirque du Soleil’s shows, the storyline can be hard to follow, but the acts and comedy and talent is unmistakeable. You are going to be left both uplifted at what a great show it is, as well as disappointed that it ended so quickly (although it is over an hour and a half long!).
You can read all about the show here in my previous post.
Here are some fun facts:
- The mechanical hand in Kurios weighs 750 pounds and measures 15 feet by 6.8 feet.
- To make the Accordion Man’s attire, the costume-maker spent an entire week sewing inside the costume.
- There are 426 props used in Kurios, the most of any show in Cirque du Soleil’s history.
- Kurios features 107 tour members from 19 countries. The cast of Kurios is made of 46 artists representing 14 different nationalities.
- The site takes 6 days to completely set up and 2 days to tear down.
Cirque du Soleil’s Kurios is such a fascinating show to watch, with interesting characters, elaborate costumes and props, and indescribly talented acts. But the artists and their real lives are just as fascintating.
It was an honor to see behind the curtain and marvel at not what only goes on onstage, but offstage as well.
- GOLDSTAR offers discounted tickets $57.50 – $90.00
- $25 Kids Tickets with purchase of full price adult ticket: . March 3 – May 8.
Offer valid on select show dates and times while supplies last. This offer may not be combined with other offers or applied to previously purchased tickets.
Cirque Club: To become a Cirque Club member, go to www.cirqueclub.com. Membership is free. Cirque Club members receive advance access to the best seats under the Big Top, deals and discounts for tickets, promotions with our partners and a chance to experience never before seen exclusive Cirque du Soleil content.