Staycations are not only a great way to save money by eliminating the costs of plane tickets and lodging, but it’s also a great motivator to see the local sites, which we sometimes neglect as locals. I know one of my greatest regrets is not visiting more NYC attractions when I lived there. So this Spring Break I decided to do a staycation here in Georgia. Rocking my staycation was easy with the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander GT.
Thanks to DriveShop for providing me with the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander GT, complimentary for one week to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed here are my own.
Rock a Staycation with the Mitsubishi Outlander GT and these tips!
- Check out Discount sites like Groupon or Goldstar for deals on local shows and attractions.
- Staycations are more fun with company, so grab a friend and their kids, and head on out. Best of all, if they split the gas and parking fees with you, your staycation will be that more cost-effective. The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander GT has optional 7-passenger seating so there’s room for everyone!
- Fuel up before you head out. The Outlander GT has a fuel Fuel Economy of 20 mpg (city) & 27 mpg (highway). You won’t have to fill up often.
- Set an itinerary of where and when you’d like to visit local attractions to make the most of your time. The Outlander GT has an (optional) MMCS Navigation system with 7″ high definition touch panel, voice command, 3D mapping, point-of-interest information, real-time traffic, and Mapcare® so you’ll always know the fastest & easiest routes to get where you’re going.
- Check the weather and adjust accordingly. You never know with our bipolar Georgia weather – One day it’s Summer, and the very next day it’s Winter, not to mention our yellow snow aka Pollen. Thankfully, the Outlander GT has Rain-sensing windshield wipers, Front Dual-zone climate control, Heated Front Seats, and Micron Air Filtration.
- Have activities to keep the kids entertained and occupied, especially when stuck in traffic. Make your favorite playlists and connect your smartphone via bluetooth, listen to your favorite radio stations, or even insert a USB flash drive. The 710-watt Rockford-Fosgate® premium sound system will offer the perfect background for your lip sync battles.
- Stock up on snacks and beverages for in between meals. The Outlander GT has multiple storage areas and cup holders to hold everything you need.
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander GT is the perfect choice for your staycation. It has great safety features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Mitigation, and Lane Departure Warning. Also, it has been named an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s “Top Safety Pick +”, the highest possible safety achievement designated by the non-profit vehicle research organization.
For full trims & specs, features, and to find a Mitsubishi dealer near you, head to mitsubishicars.com
Do you have any Staycation tips you’d like to share?