As our country slowly starts to reopen its doors to businesses, it is also a time when we can resume safe get-togethers with neighbors, family, and friends. It can be a fun and entertaining time, even if it’s with a small group of people. Thanks to Brazilian Wood Depot for sponsoring this post.
It can be very easy to go overboard with epic ideas that can blow your budget. Entertaining can be expensive and hosting a get-together is no small task. But it doesn’t have to be expensive. After all, get together’s are about creating memorable experiences. More than that, it’s about bringing everyone together in the same space and enjoying each other’s company while making those memories.
Below are a few ideas to create some inexpensive and relaxing get-togethers.
- Think of A Fun Theme- Your party theme will set the tone for the entire get-together. There are so many exciting ideas and some of the family-friendly ideas include a fun sports theme, or travel theme. You could also have a pool party that can include filling up your outdoor pool or a fun fill-up kiddie pool. A slip and slide or inflatable bounce house can add fun for all ages.
- Activities – Having some summer tunes going can set the vibe, encourage singing, a walk down memory lane, or inspire a tik tok dance video. Having a few games or challenges on hand can also bring on the fun. Our family has been enjoying the card game Phase 10 lately. Uno is a classic for everyone. If your family is super sporty, ask your guests to bring their favorite sports equipment. Having craft kits or craft supplies on hand for the kids can keep them entertained while the adults have some conversation.
- Create The Perfect Spot – If you’ve been wanting to update your backyard for your guests, one way to do that is by creating a comfortable seating area for your guests to enjoy. Having a quality deck is essential. If you live in the Atlanta area, a quality business to call is Brazilian Wood Depot. They offer you some of the hardest wood in the nation including a popular favorite, cumaru. Cumaru decking is a versatile hardwood. Its durability makes it a choice for homeowners. It’s strength and low maintenance also makes it a popular option for residential decking. Cumaru is known to last from 25-75 years, depending on the type of environmental conditions. When you consider the cost of replacing pressure-treated or composite boards through the life of just one installation of cumaru. The front end cost is generally the same as the low-end composites and outperforms them in every measurable metric.
- Plan A Scanager Hunt – No we aren’t talking about a small little hunt but a fun adventure for everyone! Get a few fun objects and hide them in places around your backyard or even neighborhood. Create teams and clues and send each team on its way. The first team to come back with all of the hidden objects wins a prize.
- Food – You want to be able to enjoy your get-together with everyone, so have fun prepared ahead of time. Think of simple things your guests will enjoy and that will also give you time to socialize instead of being stuck in the kitchen the entire time. Some simple food ideas can be kabobs filled with chicken or fruit for people to grab, pizza bites made from bagels and pizza sauce as well as simple sandwich bars for guests to make their plate.
With warm weather finally here, this might be the time we all need to start to slowly socialize with everyone again. Take your time and invite only a few people over. Either go with the flow on what occurs or have a schedule for setting up food, games, and conversation times for everyone. What are some fun ideas you have for your next get-together?